International Coastal Cleanup Month is one of the world's largest annual preservation and protection events and volunteer efforts for our ocean, waves and beaches. Organizers engage and motivate their communities to take action at local beach cleanups on behalf of organizations working to preserve our oceans. The cumulative result is not only a cleaner and healthier coastline but also a raised consciousness for accessible actions people can integrate into their lives to promote healthy beaches on a daily basis.
What do I need to host a beach cleanup?
You can organize your beach cleanup however it suits you and your community. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Decide a date, time and location
- Decide if you will provide supplies such as gloves, masks and bags to hold trash
- Decide if you will provide drinks and/or snacks or bring in partners to provide those
- In the time of COVID-19, make sure everyone brings a mask and knows to practice social distancing
- Decide how you will price your ticket. What will your ticket price include. Some things to think about are:
- A donation to the charity of your choice
- Amount to cover any costs from supplies, snacks, drinks, etc
- Add in for your time. At SameSide, we believe you should be compensated for doing good. This allows you to keep doing good.
Why Host with SameSide?
When you host with SameSide, we make it easy to connect your event with the cause. Plus we offer these unique features
- Digital ads placement by our team for your event
- Marketing to our community
- Resource toolkit to support climate change sent to all guests for further information and action
- Donations sent directly to the organization
- You make money while doing good. All funds collected go straight to you. You can choose to do with that whatever you like: pay you for your time, make a donation to the charity of your choice or cover the cost of supplies for the event.
Need some inspiration?
See how host Shaw McPhereson used SameSide to advocate for the homeless youth of Los Angeles.
Get Started: Host a Beach Clean Up For Your Community
It's super simple to create a beach cleanup event with SameSide and takes just two minutes. Here's how it works:
- Create an account with SameSide
- Once logged in, go to your account menu and choose "Create an Event"
- Follow the prompts in the event creation
- Be sure to choose "Coastal Cleanup Campaign by Taking Action" in the campaign section
- Finish the prompts and if all looks good, hit "publish"!
See this video for a quick step-by-step overview.
or see our other info and videos